Country: Bulgaria – Date of visit: August 2018
Photo album: Plovdiv (Old Town & Kapana)
You will love Plovdiv if you like:
Architecture, colorful historic buildings, Thracian and Roman ruins, unique shops, night life, cozy restaurants, lively streets, arts and culture.
- Old Town and Nebet Tepe hill
- Ancient Theater of Philippopolis and other Roman monuments
- Banya “Starinna” (Contemporary Art Halls)
- Backovo Monastery (about 30 km from the city center) and Assen’s Fortress (in the same way)
The European Capital of Culture 2019 is a vibrant city that will surprise you for different reasons.
It is highly recommended to stay in Kapana or Old Town in order to have walking access to the main attractions of the city.
- 10 reasons to visit Plovdiv, Bulgaria (Rough Guides)
- 10 reasons to visit Plovdiv, Bulgaria’s hidden treasure (CNN Travel)
- Plovdiv a touch of art and history (Plovdiv Municipality)
- Plovdiv (Michelin Travel)
- Plovdiv City (Official Tourism Portal of Bulgaria)